The Great Lakes Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives was originally formed in 1968. The states representing the GLC include Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. In 1991, the Canadian Provinces of Ontario and Winnipeg joined the Chapter.
On behalf of the Chapter President, Officers, State Representatives, and general membership, we would like to extend a welcome and invitation to you to consider joining the Great Lakes Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE).
GLC-AAAE Historical Timeline
- 1968 – North Central Region of AAAE formed then renamed to the Great Lakes Chapter (IL, IN, IA, KY, MI, MN, MO, OH, and WI)
- 1969 – First Great Lakes Chapter Annual Conference. NE, ND, and SD join the chapter.
- 1971 – GLC-AAAE incorporated as a not for profit corporation in Wisconsin.
- 1975 – The ARFF Valor and Achievement awards were first awarded.
- 1991 – Manitoba and Ontario join the chapter. First Environmental Management Conference.
- 1996 – First National Air Service Conference
- 2005 – Aviation Ground Service Association (AGSA) created
- 2008 – First AGSA Workshop
- 2012 – Corporate Advisory Committee created